Often I am in a mood to experiment with cooking. One such experimentation with fish gave me a wonderful recipe which I happily call ‘Boal mach khatta kalia recipe | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe’. It is a kind of fusion of south Indian flavour in typical bengali macher kalia. I guess my pure love for Bangalore and it’s original food, keep compelling me to make such dishes with a south Indian touch. Let’s check the Boal macher khatta kalia | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe.
Cooking time for Boal mach khatta kalia recipe | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe: 10 + 20 minutes
Ingredients for Boal mach khatta kalia recipe | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. 3 boal fish pieces marinated with turmeric powder and 1 Tsp salt
2. A paste of 2 big onions, 12 garlic cloves, small piece of ginger (garlic:ginger = 2:1)
3. 1 tomato paste
4. A paste of 1 tsp dry mango powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp garam Masala powder, 1 tsp kashmiri mirch
5. 20 curry leaves
Boal mach khatta kalia recipe | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe – the Method:
1. Fry marinated fishes very well and keep aside
2. In the left over oil, let curry leaves crackle
3. Add onion paste and stir till oil separates
4. Add the spices paste and stir
5. Add tomato and cook well till oil separates
6. Put fish pieces and coat gravy around them
7. Add about 1.5 cups of water and simmer till oil separates
Switch off flame and fish khatta kalia can be served with jeera rice!
To try other fish recipes please click on the links below:
To try another boal fish recipe, please click here.
To find other bengali recipes, click on the link below:
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
Please leave a comment here on my Boal macher khatta kalia | boal fish in a sour thick gravy recipe 🙂