Boal fish or boal mach is a very oily fish which has less number of bones and hence children and kids can easily feed on this fish. You can cook a tasty boal fish in short time by following this Boal Mach or boal Fish Curry Recipe.Just try it out at your home.
Total cooking time for Boal Mach or boal Fish Curry Recipe: 15 minutes (for preparation) + 30 minutes
Ingredients for Boal Mach or boal Fish Curry Recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. 2 onions
2. 7 cloves garlic
3. 1 inch ginger
4. 1 big tomato
5. 1 tsp turmeric
6. Mustard Oil (Preferably) or refined oil
7. A paste of cumin, coriander and red chilly powder 1 tsp each (jeera, dhaniya, red chilly powder)
8. 1 bay leaf or tej patta
9. 3 boal mach or fish pieces
10. 1 tsp garam masala powder
11. Fried Potato pieces (optional)
Boal Mach or boal Fish Curry Recipe – The Method:
1. Marinate the fishes with turmeric and salt
2. Take a mixer grinder and make a paste of onion, tomato, garlic and ginger
3. Heat oil in a wok and fry the fish pieces on both sides till golden brown. Take out and keep aside
4. In the same oil put bay leaf and then the onion garlic ginger and tomato paste and cook till oil separates. Add cumin coriander chilly paste and cook till oil comes out
5. Put fish pieces and coat with the masala well. If you wish to add potatoes add them before adding fish
6. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil
7. Cover cook till the fish and potatoes are cooked
8. Add garam masala powder. Switch off flame and let it rest for 10 minutes
Serve the hot boal fish curry with steamed rice.
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Boal Mach or boal Fish Curry Recipe .
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To try other fish recipes please click on the links below:
To try my boal macher Khatta kalia recipe, please click here.