I am a huge baking lover! To bake is to make my soul happy, the aura of my home freshens up, my mind rejuvenates. And most importantly, the satisfaction derived out of serving homemade fresh bakery product is unparallel. I usually reserve my Saturdays for some sort of baking. After a week long of juggling office works, household chores and struggling with my daughter’s assignments, I need to bake to find myself back. Period! And when my husband returns back from his chamber at night, he loves enjoying the smell that spreads around for my baking! And Mimsy loves checking out frequently the raising of breads, cakes inside oven through the glass casing.
Today, as Mimsy was coaxing me to give her burgers, I thought of baking the buns for burger today and promised to serve her Burgers tomorrow morning in breakfast. I started the process at 8 pm, quite late as I was working from home today and got pretty late! After the naughty dokey went to sleep, I started my baking. Took a chair, sat in front of the oven. As I am writing the recipe now, I am enjoying the view of glass rotating on the floor of the oven and aroma that’s releasing from there and I guess some endorphins are released from my brain, I believe! It’s making me Happy. So here goes the Burger Bun Recipe.
Time required for Burger Bun Recipe: 3.5 hours including prep and baking time
Ingredients required for Burger Bun Recipe
- 2 cups refined flour or maida
- 1.5 cup wheat flour or atta
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup refined vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- 1 beaten Egg
Burger Bun Recipe:
- To start with, in a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, oil, milk, instant activated yeast. Let them come together with your hand and knead for sometime to make a dough. You may add a little more flour, water as per the need to make it a soft dough
- Form a ball out of the dough, cover the bowl with a tight lid and let it rest for half an hour in a warm place of your kitchen
- Once done, form 5 small balls out of the risen dough. Roll and tuck sides in the bottom, to form round shaped balls
- Take a baking tin. Grease with oil
- On the baking tin, place the small round shaped buns. Cover with a lid or air cling wrap. Let it rise for 2 hours more
- Now two hours later, after the buns have risen, apply generous amount of beaten egg on top of each buns. Sprinkle some sesame seed on top. Let it rest for 15 minutes
- Yet again, while you preheat oven at 200 C, apply beaten egg with a brush on the surface of the buns
- Insert tray into the oven, bake for 15 minutes at 190 C. Again, bake at 170 C, for 5 minutes. Then let it cool on a rack with lid or cover on top
Your burger buns are ready now!!!!
I kept my buns not far apart. Hence, after rising and enhancing volume, the buns got attached bo each other. To avoid such things, you should try baking not more burgers at a time. Or if your oven allows you to bake many buns at a go, do take large baking tins or trays.
Posts that you may like