In marriage celebrations or birthday parties or get together, often we see the catering people serving us small chicken popcorns beautifully placed on trays. They are offered with green chutneys or red sauce. These popcorns are tasty and we love to gorge on these. Chicken popcorns serve as a good evening snack and can be served as a starter. I often make them at my home. Even my daughter absolutely loves it. And when guests come at my home, of course I serve them this wonderful popcorns. Let’s see the Chicken Popcorn Recipe.
Total cooking time for Chicken Popcorn Recipe (Marination + Frying time) : 1 hour
Ingredients for Chicken Popcorn Recipe made for 3 people:
1. 400 gms of boneless chicken (small pieces)
2. Shahi garam masala powder – 1 tsp
3. Corn flour – 2 tsp
4. Egg – 2
5. Maida or all purpose flour – 4 tsp
6. Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Refined Oil (Preferably low absorb oil)
Chicken Popcorn Recipe – The Method:
1. Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, salt, shahi garam masala. Keep in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour at least
2. Take out the chicken pieces and coat well with 2 tsp of maida and 1 tsp cornflour. Set aside for 5 minutes
3. Coat the chicken pieces with beaten eggs. Set aside for 7 mins
4. Again coat the chicken pieces with 2 tsp maida and 1 tsp of cornflour and set aside for 10 minutes
5. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, sufficient for deep frying
6. Put chicken pieces in small badges into the oil and wait till both the sides turn golden brown (takes about 6 – 7 minutes)
Serve with green chutney other tomato ketchup.
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Chicken Popcorn Recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here.
To find more chicken recipes, please click here.