On the auspicious nabami, when most people are busy standing in long queues in the restaurants across the streets of Bengal, I preferred to pandal hop and come back to serve and relish home served meal this time. And today I made grilled chicken skewer! Hassle free cooking, delicious to eat and above all the skewer looks too good on the plates. Don’t they? It took me just 2 – 3 minutes to prepare the marinade, 1.5 hours I kept for marinating and after I put them into the grilling oven for 25 minutes, I could dress up myself for pandal hopping! After we came back I just had to serve. It’s that easy to make. So today I am jotting down my recipe of preparing chicken skewers for family. The marinade I have kept to be super simple. Perhaps that gives me a scope to share another of my favorite marinade recipe for grilled chicken skewer later.
Total time to make Grilled Chicken skewer: 25 minutes in the oven
For more chicken recipes, please click here
Ingredients for 5 Grilled Chicken skewer:
- Chicken boneless pieces- 200 – 250 gms
- 2 tsp curd
- 2 tsp cream
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 big tomato (de-seeded) , 1/2 capsicum, 1/2 onion – all cut into equal sized cubes
- 2 tsp refined oil/ butter
- 7 garlic cloves – grated or 1 tsp garlic paste
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Grilled Chicken skewer recipe:
- Marinate chicken – boneless pieces with salt, curd, cream, black pepper powder, garlic paste for 1.5 hours in refrigerator
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for half an hour. This procedure is followed to prevent the wooden sticks from getting burnt!
- After marination is over, take out chicken from refrigerator
- Take a skewer, insert a chicken piece into the skewer. Leave a little gap and then put a tomato slice. Then insert another chicken piece and then a capsicum, again a chicken piece and then an onion slice. Discard the rest of the marinades. Brush all sides of the chicken pieces, capsicum and others with oil
- Prepare 4 more skewers similarly
- Place the skewers on grilling rack and then place it inside the oven
- Grill for 20 – 25 minutes. Setting grill for 30 minutes also gave me satisfactory result. Just keep turning the skewers in intervals. To note: I am using a 25 lts IFB convection micro oven. For different ovens, time to grill may differ
- After the grilling timer resets itself, take out the skewers. Serve and eat!!!!