I have been trying my hands on several recipes of prawn at home. Malaikari being my top favorite. But today I tried something of my own and I named it ‘Dhaniya prawn’ or ‘dhone chingri’. It came out wonderful. Cooked along with potatoes, it’s apt for lunch paired with a plate of steamed rice. Also it can be served with Basanti Pulao which is again a sweet pulao recipe. This Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri curry had a typical country side flavour in it. Just try this recipe of Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri at home and surely you will receive accolades for the dish!
Time required to make Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri: 45 minutes
To check more mouth watering recipes of chicken, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of mutton, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of Bengali cuisine, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of rice, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of paneer/soy/mushroom, please click here
Ingredients required to make Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri:
- Medium sized or small prawns – about 20 pieces, de-veined and de-shelled
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 red dry chilly
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp beaten curd
- 2 medium potatoes – cut into small cubes
- Mustard oil
- 1 – 2 twig of fresh coriander leaves along with the stem
I use Sundrop heart for my cooking needs (To see the product you may click here). Sundrop heart is enriched with the goodness of oryzanol and is made up of 80% Rice bran oil and 20% refined sunflower oil and is marked as a low absorb healthy choice for oil
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri recipe:
- Marinate prawns with turmeric and salt for 10 minutes
- In a blender, put the whole cumin and coriander seeds, red chilli, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, onion. Now grind it well
- Heat oil in a wok
- Saute the prawns and keep aside
- Fry the potato cubes till golden. Keep aside
- Now in the left over oil, add the onion paste and stir till the mixture is fried
- Add salt and turmeric powder
- Add the prawns and saute well
- Add the fried potatoes and stir and again
- Add beaten curd on slow flame. Stir well
- Add 1.5 – 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Cover with lid and simmer until the prawns and potatoes are cooked thoroughly
Dhaniya prawn | Dhone chingri curry is ready to serve!
Recipes that you might be interested in….