To satisfy the hunger pangs of kids, let’s serve them something healthy yet appealing snacks to them. One such recipe to curb hunger pangs of kids that can be served in no time is the all time favorite of kids and mom – the Fried potato recipe. These fried potatoes can be served as starters in family get-together. I remember, maa used to make a lot of fried potatoes (aloo bhaja) in most of the evenings and they were served with a bowl of puffed rice or muri. We used to feast on them merrily!
Total time required for this Fried potato recipe: 15 minutes
Serves 2 people
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Ingredients required for the Fried potato recipe:
- 1 big potato
- Salt to taste
- A sprig of curry leaves or sweet neem leaves
- Mustard oil or refined oil
The Fried potato recipe:
- Let’s take a big potato and peel off it’s skin
- Now cut the potato in wedge shaped pieces and wash well. Drain off water properly and dry them well
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. You may add any refined oil as well. For that matter, if serving adults, best we can use any low absorb oil available in the markets these days
- Once the oil is hot, add the potato wedges and let them get fried on high flame
- Stir them occassionally
- Fry them till they turn golden. At this stage add a few curry patta or sweet neem leaves
- Fry the potatoes more till they turn color to golden brown and a bit crispy on outside. The potatoes should be cooked as well
- Sprinkle some salt and toss again
- Take them out of the wok and put them on absorbent papers to absorb those extra oil
Your Fried potatoes are ready to serve with ketchups!
A few recipes from the blog