Prawns are loved by all most all non-vegetarians globally. Prawns are a good low fat protein source and supplies our bodies with Calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin A & Vitamin E. Today I will share a recipe of grilled prawns in a skewer. Again easy to make and being a hassle free recipe, it can be a good choice as a starter. I had shared how to make chicken skewers last year. So now, I am sharing how I make ‘ Grilled Prawn Skewer ‘ . Do try it out yourselves as well.
Total time to make grilled prawn skewer : 15 minutes in the oven
Ingredients for 4 grilled prawn skewer :
- Small to medium sized prawns – 9 – 12
- 1/2 lemon – juice squeezed
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 big tomato (de-seeded) , 1/2 capsicum, 1/2 onion – all cut into equal sized cubes
- 2 tsp refined oil/ butter
Grilled prawn skewer recipe:
- Marinate skinless prawns with salt, lime juice, black pepper powder for 1.5 hours in refrigerator
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for half an hour
- After marination is over, take out the prawns from refrigerator
- Take a skewer, insert a prawn piece into the skewer. Leave a little gap and then put a tomato slice. Then insert another prawn piece and then a capsicum, again a prawn pieces and then an onion slice. Discard the rest of the marinade. Brush all sides of the prawn pieces, capsicum and others with oil
- Prepare 3 more skewers similarly
- Place the skewers on grilling rack and then place it inside the oven
- Grill for 10 – 15 minutes or till the prawns are cooked properly. Just keep turning the skewers at intervals. To note: I am using a 25 lts IFB convection micro oven. For different ovens, time to grill may differ
- After the grilling timer resets itself, take out the skewers. Serve and eat!!!!
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.