What should I pack for lunch for my kiddo is a day to day and tiring question that comes to every mom’s mind! To give you respite, let me share this amazing Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta Recipe that’s only healthy, packed with proteins, carbs and good fat, but also tasty. So much tasty that I can guarantee that your kids would return with their empty and clean tiffin boxes. So let’s check my Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta Recipe from my recipe kitty for Healthy Lunch Box Ideas! Also you can check, Home made pot of baked pasta, Pasta in red sauce, Pasta in white sauce recipes.
Time required to cook Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta Recipe: 45 minutes (From scratch)
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Serves 3 people
Ingredients to cook Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta Recipe:
- 2 cups of durum wheat pasta
- About a cup of red kidney beans or rajma
- Refined oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cheese cubes
- 1 onion – cut into cubes
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 2 green chillies – sliced
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 6 – 7 cloves of garlic – sliced
- Green peas
Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta Recipe:
- Soak rajma or red kidney beans overnight
- Pressure cook the red kidney beans for good 12 – 16 whistles. Let the vapour settle down on its own
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker. Check if they are soft and cooked. Wash the rajmas or red kidney beans under cold water. Remember, the rajma should not be over cooked and should retain the crunch
- Meanwhile, take a pan of water. Add salt and refined oil to it. Bring the water to boil and then add the pastas. Let it boil for some 5 – 7 minutes and let it rest. Remember the pasta should be al dente. Here’s where you take take a bite of the pasta yet it’s cooked. Wash pasta in cold water and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced chillies, garlic slices. When the garlic’s rawness disappears, add the kidney beans and stir
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are soft yet not mashed
- Once oil starts to leaven from the sides of the pan, add the onion cubes and stir till it’s rawness disappears
- Add the boiled pastas, salt and stir
- Spread some green peas on top
- Grate some cheese and give it a good mix
- Once done, switch off flame and spread coriander leaves on top
Your Rajma Pasta | Red kidney bean Pasta is ready to serve. You can enjoy the dish in your breakfast as well!
Few recipes from the blog to try your hands on
Travelogues from the blog!