This article marks the first recipe of my homemade skincare products. A lot of concern about our health, embracing of the minimalism theory, money saving hacks and inclination towards homemade diy stuff propelled me to start making my skincare products myself. A lot of people, especially women have been suffering due to oestrogen dominance, a hormonal imbalance and the after effects have been deadly. Amongst other reasons, using chemical laden cosmetics have been a major concern. That’s why I have decided to switch towards homemade cosmetics to ensure the products I use are less chemical laden and are made with pure ingredients as far as possible.
Apart from that it’s thrill to make these skin care products yourself, I can modify the ingredients as per my need. They are custom made. A jar of lip balm costs me around INR 175, whereas it costs me around 50 to make one at home. The time required is very less, around 15 minutes to be precise and the shelf life is about half an year for this recipe of lip balm.
To follow us on facebook, please click here
To begin with, I had to invest in some Tupperware small containers that cost me INR 30 for 40 ml ones. I used a stainless steel ice cream cup to make the lip balm. I chose peppermint flavour for my homemade lip balm as it imparts a bout of freshness and it’s aroma has therapeutic effect on one’s mind as well. Peppermint essential oil that’s used in this recipe, increases the shelf life of the product and has anti-septic, anti-microbial property as well. Coconut oil has anti-microbial properties and acts as a good moisturizer and almond oil is enriched with Vitamin E which promotes healthy skin!
Ingredients used for homemade lip balm:
- 1 tbsp unscented, raw bee wax
- 1.5 tsp cold pressed 100% virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp pure 100% almond oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
Method of making homemade lip balm:
- In a bowl take the raw beewax flakes
- In a pan of boiling water, put the bowl. The beewax melts in about 7 minutes
- Add coconut oil and almond oil, mix well
- Lower down the heat beneath. Add essential oil of peppermint. Mix well and quickly take off the pan
- Pour the content into an empty container or tube
- Let it cool and rest for 2 hours
Your DIY homemade lip balm with peppermint flavour is ready. Protect and heal your your chapped lips with the same without much fear about chemicals.
POSTS THAT YOU MAY LIKE