Pabda or Indian butter fish is a fresh water fish and is very nutrient rich one. Fish in general has healthy omega 3 fatty acids and hence, for the non-vegetarians we should at least have 2-3 servings of fish a week. For bengalis as it’s always mach – bhaat in our thala (fish and rice), pabda finds it’s special place in our hearts as well. Let’s check the Indian butter fish recipe | Pabda Fish Recipe with onion tomato
Total cooking duration for Indian butter fish recipe | Pabda Fish Recipe with onion tomato : 45 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients for Indian butter fish recipe | Pabda Fish Recipe with onion tomato cooked for 3 people:
1. 3 big pabda fishes or Indian butter fishes (whole)
2. 2 onions
3. 6 garlic cloves
4. 1 ” ginger
5. 1 tomato
6. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Chilly powder – 1 tsp
8. Mustard oil
9. Salt to taste
Indian butter fish recipe | Pabda Fish Recipe with onion and tomato – The method:
1. Marinate pabda fish or Indian butter fish with turmeric powder and salt
2. Take a large kadai or wok or non-stick. Heat oil to smoking point. Now, drop one fish into the oil and let it fry on one side for good 3-4 minutes. Turn the other side of the fish gently. Fry for another 3 – 4 minutes. Take the fish out and place on a dish. Be gentle and patient while frying this fish. They are delicate yet costly. And you don’t want to regret breaking these fishes. So fry the fishes one by one and keep separate
3. Make a paste of garlic ginger onion and tomato and put inside the wok in the remaining oil. Fry till oil separates
4. Pour in turmeric, Chilly powder paste and fry till oil separates. Add salt to taste
5. Place the fried fishes gently into the wok one by one
6. Add 4 cups of water and cover cook for 10-15 minutes. Switch off flame. Garnish with coriander leaves
Your pabda fish is ready to serve with steamed rice!
Snapshot for Indian butter fish recipe | Pabda Fish Recipe with onion tomato:
MORE RECIPES ….
Some Interesting Dishes:
Good picks for you to prepare a full & hearty Bengali meal