Rice is consumed all over the world. Rice has numerous health benefits as well. Rice provides instant energy, controls blood pressure, provides vitamins and minerals, treats constipation. There are plenty of yummy rice recipes in India. Be it with a vegetable pulao (sweet corn and peas pulao), a rice recipe with mutton (mutton mutanjan) or a chicken biryani. People in India can cook it’s staple food rice in so many variations! Here I am going to share a Jeera rice | Cumin rice recipe, to be cooked in a rice vessel or pot. It goes well with any dry item of paneer/ mushroom/ chicken/ mutton/ soy of your choice.
Total cooking time of Jeera rice | Cumin rice recipe : 20 minutes
Serves 3 people
Ingredients of Jeera rice | Cumin rice recipe:
- Rice – 1.5 cup ( Basmati is surely the best choice for Jeera rice, but I used a normal rice variant for this recipe )
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds or jeera
- Refined oil or ghee
Jeera rice | Cumin rice recipe – The method:
1. Heat oil in the rice vessel and let 1 tbsp of cumin seeds or jeera crackle in it
2. Put pre -soaked rice (1.5 cup of rice soaked in water for 30 minutes and then water is drained) in the vessel and stir
3. When the rice appears to be fried (not burnt 🙂 ), put about 1.5 – 2 cups of water. Add salt as well. Cook rice until done
4. Once rice is cooked (not overcooked), switch off the flame
Cumin rice or jeera rice is ready to serve!
Please note: You may choose to add fried onions, raisins and cashew nuts to it. You can sprinkle a dash of black pepper powder as well.
To Follow/ Like us at facebook, please click here.
To Follow/Like us on twitter, please click here.