Kadai chicken is popular recipe in Northern parts of India. Today being the 1st day of the year 2018, I planned to cook something tasty for dinner. The lunch had been too simple today as yesterday was a roof – top picnic day for us with bon-fire! So the dinner was a late one and a heavy one as well. But for new year, how could I go without serving something nice for my family. So after shopping for groceries and other needful, I went ahead with an easy chicken preparation in a kadai in an indigenous manner. And I called it Kadai chicken – my way.
Time required to cook Kadai chicken: 35 – 40 minutes
To find more mutton recipes, please click here.
To find more chicken recipes, please click here.
Ingredients for Kadai chicken cooked for 3 people:
- Chicken – about 500 gms
- 3 big potatoes – cut into halves ( Luckily I got ‘notun aloo’ in the market )
- 8 – 9 cloves of garlic – 1 inch of a ginger – grind roughly with mortar and pestle
- 4 – 5 small onions – just peel off the outer layer and use it as it is
- 1 tomato
- 3 – 4 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves – roughly chopped
- 3 – 4 tsp of mustard oil
- 1 tsp of shahi garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of beaten curd
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Kadai chicken – my way – The recipe:
- In a mixing bowl, put cleaned curry cut chicken pieces, salt, beaten curd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, mustard oil, ginger garlic paste. Now mix them properly
- Put whole onions, potatoes into the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes at least
- Heat a wok and put all the ingredients of the mixing bowl into the wok
- Smash the whole tomato with hand and drop into the wok
- Stir for 2 – 3 minutes and then cover cook in medium – high flame for 35 minutes approximately or till the chicken pieces and potatoes are cooked thoroughly. Stir in between
- Add the coriander leaves somewhat in middle of the cooking process
- I need not add water at all as the chicken released water in which the chicken got cooked. I wanted a dry chicken curry
After the chicken curry is done, serve hot with chapattis or breads.