In our daily diet, we often miss out on healthy greens and vegetables. And one such green is ‘water spinach’ or Kolmi saag or kalmi saag. Saag in general provides us with lots of minerals, vitamins and folates. So do enhance your daily green vegetables intake. Here I am sharing a lovely Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe. Do let me know how well you cooked it and how much your family loved it!
Total cooking time for Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe:
1. Water spinach or Kolmi saag – 1 bunch
2. 1 cup grated coconut
3. Kacha chola or raw whole gram seeds
4. 1 tsp of mustard seeds and cumin seeds (rai and jeera)
5. 1 tsp of grated ginger garlic
6. 2 tsp oil
8. Green chilly – 1
Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe – The method:
1. Wash the Kolmi saag properly. Drain water
2. The cholas should be soaked in water for 3 – 4 hours pre-hand
3. Now, chop off the saag
4. Heat oil in a pan
5. Let the mustard seeds and cumin seeds crackle
6. Add grated ginger and garlic. Stir for 1 minute
7. Add the cholas, salt and Stir. Cover cook for 2 minutes
8. Add the water spinach or Kolmi or water spinach. Stir and cover cook for sometime, till the volume of the saag decreases to half
9. At this stage add the grated coconut and stir well
10. Cover cook in low flame for 5 minutes
11. Now, open the lid and stir well, till the saag is soft and well cooked and the water is evaporated and oil starts to leave the saag. Switch off the flame
Your Kolmi saag or water spinach is ready to serve with dal and rice. Enjoy the healthy simple meal with family
Snapshot for Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe:
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Kolmi saag recipe | Water spinach recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more Bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more chicken recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.