Kushka Rice With Egg is a recipe from the pages of South Asian cuisine, especially popular in south India. A rice dish made with aromatic basmati rice, simple spices, clarified butter, it’s quite subtly flavorful! Me being a non-vegetarian, to make the meal more filling I prefer to cook it with eggs. It’s generally served with korma dishes. It’s again a very easy to make, hastle free one pot meal that can be served to your family in no time. For more one pot meal recipes, please click here.
Total time to make Kushka Rice With Egg – 35 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Serves 3 – 4 people
Ingredients to make Kushka Rice With Egg –
- 2 cups of basmati or long grain rice
- 4 eggs
- 7 green cardamoms – powdered
- 2 onions
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- 7 cloves, 5 green cardamoms, 2 cinnamon sticks, 5 black peppercorns – grind a little with mortar pestle
- 2 – 3 red dry chillies
- 3 bay leaves
- Ghee or clarified butter
- Refined oil
- Salt to taste
Kushka Rice With Egg Recipe:
- To begin with, soak basmati or any long grain rice variety in water for 30 minutes. Drain water and keep aside
- Hard boil 4 eggs. De-shell them and keep aside
- In a pan, heat oil / ghee and drop some bay leaves, red dry chillies, lightly grounded spices
- Add onion slices and fry them till they turn golden brown
- Add a paste of ginger – garlic and saute
- Add chopped tomatoes, enough salt and stir fry till oil starts to separate from the sides of the pan
- Take another biryani or rice pot. Transfer the contents of the pan to the pot
- Now add about 3.5 cups of water and bring it to boil
- As water starts to boil, add the soaked rice grains into the pot
- Add the boiled eggs as well
- Cook for 5 – 9 minutes till the rice is almost done and switch off the flame
- Add cardamom powder, dollops of ghee or clarified butter on top and cover the pot with a lid
- Let it rest for some time and open the lid, flip the rice grains gently from bottom to top
Your Kushka Rice With Egg is ready to serve as a one – pot meal as well. Just prepare a plate of fresh salad and enjoy !!
A few good picks from the blog for you to try your hands on !
A few good reads from the blog apart from recipes
For more such posts, check categories related to travelogues/ lifestyle/ words from the author
More interesting recipes