Bottle gourd or lau is a vegetable with a cooling effect. The Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe of mine mentioned below is indeed good to have for summer days. Because we have pulses and vegetables both in this Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe, it’s undoubtedly nutritious as well.
Ingredients for Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe:
- 1 bottle gourd (small)
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 whole dry red chilly
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tomato
- turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Oil (refined or mustard oil preferably)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp ghee (optional)
Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe – The Method:
1. Peel off the skin from bottle gourd and cut it into very small cubes of uniform size
2. Take a wok, heat oil in it
3. Crackle some mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 dry chilly and a bay leaf
4. Add 1 chopped tomatoes and cook till soft
5. Add 1 cup of washed moong dal and stir for 4 minutes
6. Add a paste of 1 tsp turmeric, salt and stir till oil separates
7. Add bottle gourd and cover cook till moong dal and bottle gourd are cooked properly
8. Add garam masala powder(optional). Stir and cook till water evaporates mostly
Serve hot with 1 tbsp of ghee as topping!
Snapshot of Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe:
Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe for babies:
This recipe can be fed to babies as well. Just make sure the pulses or the dal and thebottle gourd is soft and mashed. Use ghee to fry the dal and vegetables instead of oil
To try other vegetable recipes please click on the links below:
To find other bengali recipes, click on the link below:
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
Please leave a comment here on Lau moong | Bottle gourd with moong recipe.