If you have left over rice from the day before, just try out this Lemon rice recipe. It’s a south Indian dish. During my bangalore days, on every Wednesdays it was served by our PG aunt and I used to relish the flavor of the dish!
Cooking time for Lemon rice recipe: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Lemon rice recipe:
- Left over rice – 1 bowl
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies – slitted
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- Refined oil
- 1 whole lemon juice
- Toor dal -1/4 cup (The original recipe calls for urad dal though)
Lemon rice recipe – The Method:
- Wash toor dal (or urad dal as per original recipe) and let it get dry
- Heat oil in a wok, splutter mustard seeds, chilly
- Add curry leaves and fry till aroma comes out
- Add the dal and fry it. Add turmeric and salt. Fry dal till its color is golden brown
- Now on medium heat add left over rice. Let it get fried. Stir gently
- Add lemon juice and stir for a minute. Switch off flame. Serve hot
Please Note: This is not an authentic South Indian recipe though. Urad dal is used instead of toor dal. Also, they use oil tampering with other ingredients mentioned, over the rice. Since this Lemon rice recipe is an easy recipe and we are using rice leftover from the previous day, I prefer to heat it along with the tampering prepared since it will save time of reheating the rice separately as well 🙂 Enjoy cooking this Lemon rice recipe of mine.
To try other breakfast recipes please click on the links below:
To find other South Indian recipes, click on the link below:
South Indian Recipes
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
Please leave a comment here on my easy Lemon rice recipe.