Masala chai | Spiced tea Recipe is a recipe of tea or chai served with spices like cardamom and ginger. Tastes may vary as per the spices added into the tea. Some may add nutmeg, black pepper or bay leaves. Masala tea not only provides a spicy twist to our mundane evening tea, but also elevates our mood due to its unique flavour and is good for health specially if someone has developed a headache or cough and cold. A sip of it in the evening on a rainy day works wonder. Please check my Masala chai | Spiced tea Recipe below.
To check the recipe of my Gondhoraj Tea, please follow the link.
Total cooking time for Masala chai | Spiced tea Recipe: 10 – 15 mins
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients for Masala chai | Spiced tea Recipe (serves 2):
1. 1 1/4 cup of water
2. 3/4 cup milk (skimmed or whole)
3. 2 tsp of sugar (add as per sweetness needed)
4. 3 elaichi or green cardamoms, 5 peppercorns – grind with a mortar and pestle to make a coarse powder
5. 2 tsp of tea leaves
6. 1 tsp grated ginger
Masala chai | Spiced tea Recipe – The Method:
1. Bring water to boiling point in a sauce pan
2. Add sugar, grated ginger, powdered peppercorns and cardamoms into the and let it boil for a minute more
3. Add 2 tsp of tea and boil for 2 mins. Stir occasionally
4. Add milk and boil for 1.5 mins and stir continuosly
5. Cover the pan and put off the flame. Let it stand for 5 mins
6. Sieve through in two clay cups or any tea cups
Enjoy sipping your masala tea with your marries/ toast biscuits !