Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves is a dish that can be made with quite ease and best enjoyed when served with roti or steamed plain rice. I was keen on preparing a subtly yet refreshingly tasted dish that would give my family a much needed break from the rich dishes that we had during the Durga puja days. Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves surely met the purpose. Also this recipe happens to be the 1st one that I had made a video of. So yes, this marks a new step ahead for ‘India’s Global Kitchen” as well. Please watch the video till the end and do write your valuable comments in the comment section below. 🙂
In this recipe, I have added more of ginger than garlic and also more of coriander powder than cumin. Also in my area, dried variety of thyme and parsley only are found. Thyme has a peppery, lemony and minty flavor with a lot of medicinal properties while parsley has a lemony flavor that balances out a savoury dish well. Coriander leaves imparts a refreshing flavor to the whole dish. This recipe is quite an Indian one in its essence. Just give this a try…..
Time required to make Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves: 1 hour
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To check more chicken recipes, please click here.
To check Life style related blogs, please click here.
To check travel related blogs, please click here.
Ingredients required to make Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves:
1. About 1 kg poultry meat / chicken
2. 2 tsp of dried parsley
3. 2 tsp of dried thyme
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 tsp of coriander powder
6. 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
7. 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
8. Fresh coriander leaves – chopped
9. 1 big tomato – chopped
10. 5 small onions – paste
11. Paste of 15 cloves of garlic, 1.5 – 2 inches of ginger, 5 degi mirch (red dry chilli) – 2 tbsp
12. Refined oil
13. Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
14. Lemon zest – half a lemon
15. 1/2 lemon – juice extracted
16. 2 big potatoes – cut into halves
Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves – The recipe:
1. Marinate chicken with salt, black pepper powder, Ginger-garlic-red chilli paste, 1 tsp each of dried leaves of thyme and parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice. Keep aside for at least half an hour
2. In a wok, heat some oil. Fry the potatoes in it till golden brown on all sides. Keep them aside
3. In the same oil, add onion paste and fry till the rawness of onion disappears
4. Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic chilli paste. Stir till oil starts to separate
5. Add chopped tomatoes, cook them till them become soft and mash-able
6. Add a little turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder. Mix well till oil starts to separate
7. Add marinated chicken pieces and toss well to coat the masala
8. Add fried potatoes and wait till oil starts to separate
9. Add hot water now. Cover cook till potatoes and chicken are almost done (97%)
10. Remove lid and add chopped fresh coriander leaves. Simmer for few minutes
11. Now add, 1 tsp of dried parsley and thyme each and simmer for a minute or two
12. Put off the flame as your Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves is ready to serve!
Please click here to check the video on the recipe of Mixed Herbs Chicken with dried thyme, parsley, fresh coriander leaves
A FEW MORE RECIPES THAT YOU MAY LIKE