Chutneys are all of ours all time favorite. After completion of our lunch or dinner, meal seems to be incomplete without chutney. Here I will share a chutney recipe – Mixed Tomato Chutney, that’s made of tomatoes, dates, raisins, amshotto (mango candies). Mango candies or amshotto is very much popular in West Bengal. In various parts of India, it’s called aam-papad or mango papad. The color of the chutney comes out to be bright red and looks beautiful. As I do not use any high pixel camera, to catch snaps of my dishes and I’m surely a beginner when it comes to photography, I could not capture the brilliant red color of it though! Let’s check the recipe and make it for today’s meal.
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Time to cook Mixed Tomato Chutney: 30 minutes
Serves 3 – 4 people
Ingredients for Mixed Tomato Chutney:
- 2 big fresh tomatoes – cut into cubes
- 10 – 12 dates or khajur
- A fist of soaked raisins
- A few small pieces of mango candies or amshotto
- Refined vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- 1 – 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
To find more dessert recipes, click on the link below:
Mixed Tomato Chutney Recipe:
- Heat refined vegetable oil in a wok and put the tomato cubes. Stir fry. Add a pinch of salt
- As water starts to release from tomato, add amshotto or mango candies, dates and stir for a minute or two
- Add 2 cups of water and drop the soaked raisins into it
- Add sugar and stir continuously. Else it may start to stick to the pan at the bottom and also begin to burn!
- Let it cook on medium – low flame till the chutney turns into a sticky, thick and syrupy consistency
- Switch off flame and your sweet tomato chutney is ready!