Today being my 6th marriage anniversary, I must bake a cake! And while it comes to baking, my now seemingly lazy husband rolls his eyes and demand I must let that baking part rest on him. I am sure that he’s a great baker and better than myself, still the excitement that occurs while baking cakes, the satisfaction of serving pieces of those home made cakes by self is just un-parallel. Though I had my hands full with other dishes to make ( I made chicken dum biryani, malai chicken tangri kebab), I cannot afford to miss this wonderful chance to bake our anniversary cake! This time it must be a Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Earlier I shared with you a recipe of how to bake a super soft cake. This recipe has a little variation though and also incorporates nuts. And here’s how I baked my Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
Total preparation time required for baking Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting: 15 minutes
Total time to bake Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the oven: 35 minutes
Serves 4 – 6 people
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Ingredients required to bake Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting:
For the cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- 50 gms salted butter
- To brush some butter / oil
- Almonds and cashews – 1/2 cup broken
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting recipe:
- Grind the white sugar to powder in a grinder
- In a deep pan, take some water and bring it to boil. As the water starts to boil, put a mixing bowl on top of it. The technique is known as double boiler method. Put butter in the bowl and melt it. To it add the powdered sugar and whisk till all mix well. Put it off the flame now
- As the bowl cools down, use a sieve to pour through cocoa, flour and baking powder in the mixing bowl. Mix well
- Add a tsp of vanilla essence
- Now, beat 3 eggs well in a bowl. Add the egg to the flour mixture little by little, mixing the ingredients by cut fold method or by whisking
- Add milk at this stage and whisk. The mixture when poured from top should fall down in a ribbon form. Pour the mixture in a baking bowl lined or brushed with butter/ oil
- On top put some chopped cashews and almonds
- Preheat oven at 170 Celsius. Then insert the baking bowl and bake at 170 degree Celsius for 35 minutes. Check if the cake is done by pricking the cake with a fork. If the fork comes out clean that means it is done
- Once done, take the baking bowl out and cool it down on a rack
- To make the ganache or frosting, use double boiler method. Put on the steam a bowl with cream. Heat it. Add powdered sugar slowly and mix well. Add cocoa powder and whisk well until the mixture is well blend. Let the mixture cool down in a refrigerator
- Once both cake and the ganache is cooled down, pour over the ganache on the cake. Even it out with a spatula and yes your nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is ready to serve!
- But for better serve, I would suggest, put the cake inside the refrigerator for some time to set. that way, it tastes better!
‘Nutty chocolate cake with chocolate frosting’ without the frosting 🙂
Few recipes you may be interested in
Travelogues from the blog!