Momos serve as tasty evening snacks and can be found in several outlets in shopping malls and even at several roadside food shops and stalls. Momos are parcels of all purpose flour or maida and have a ‘pur’ or filling inside it. The filling or pur can be of different ingredients. For vegetarians, you can have vegetables as filling, paneer as filling and for non-veg people chicken etc can be used for filling. Here I will discuss an innovative style of momo making with a pur of paneer, coconut and posto or poppy seeds. My husband helped me with this idea of making posto paneer pur. So here goes the wonderful Posto Paneer momo recipe !
Total cooking time for Posto Paneer momo recipe: 1 hour
Ingredients for Posto Paneer momo recipe for making 10 big momos :
- 2 cups of all purpose flour or maida
- 100 ml of hot water
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil
- Paneer or cottage cheese – 150 gm (grated)
- Grated coconut – 4 tbsp
- Poppy seeds or khus khus or posto – 2 tbsp
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 ” ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion – finely chopped
Posto Paneer momo recipe – The method:
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt, 1 tbsp oil and mix well. With 100 ml of hot water, mix to form a dough. Let the dough rest with a lid over the mixing bowl. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes
- Soak poppy seeds for 30 minutes
- In a grinder, add poppy seeds, grated coconut, green chilly, garlic, ginger and make a fine paste
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and butter, add a tej patta and fry. Add the chopped onions and fry till the color changes to golden
- Add the poppy paste and fry in a low flame till the color changes to golden and oil starts to leave the mixture. Add salt and 1/4 cup of water and let it come to boil
- Add the grated paneer and cover cook for sometime, till the paneer is almost mashed up to form a more or less fine paste. Switch off the flame
- Now, form 10 small balls out of the dough and roll flat to form small thin round bread or roti like structures
- At the center of the rotis, place pur and then, hold two opposite edges together and keeping one edge fixed, form pleats with the other one and fold and press the top to form a parcel
- Heat oil in a pan and place momos in badges and fry till the surface gets a little golden brown
- Now, add 1 cup of water in the pan and cover cook till the momos are cooked and the water has evaporated
Posto Paneer momo is ready to serve with sauce or soup!
Snapshots of Paneer momo recipe:
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Posto Paneer momo recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more Simplified Global recipes, please click here.
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.