Pasta can be served with white sauce or red sauce. White sauce is generally made of milk and flour (Click here to know the white pasta recipe) while red pasta consists mainly of tomato. Let’s find out a simple ‘Red pasta recipe step by step’ that can be made at home with readily available ingredients at home.
Before we know the ‘Red pasta recipe step by step’, let us see how to boil pasta?
Take water in an utensil and bring it to boil, add salt and 1 tsp of refined oil and stir. Now add pasta into the boiling water. Let it boil for another 2-3 minutes and then switch off the flame. Let the pasta remain in the utensil for sometime. Drain the water out with a colander. Remember, Pasta should not be over boiled and should be al dente, meaning, cooked but you can feel the bite.
Red pasta recipe step by step – The Method:
1. Make pizza sauce (click to find the recipe) – I eventually use the same sauce for pizza and pasta
2. Boil the pasta as per the method mentioned above
3. Heat oil (Refined oil or Olive Oil) in a wok or non-stick. Add finely chopped carrots and capsicums. Add salt to taste and saute
4. Add the boiled pasta and stir
5. In a low flame add pizza sauce on the pasta and stir to coat the sauce properly around the pastas. Cook for some time and keep in mind pasta should not be over cooked and should be al-dente
6. Switch off flame. Serve on plate. Grate some cheddar cheese on top as garnish
Please note: This is a simple, easy recipe for making pasta at home with readily available ingredients at home. Enjoy cooking!
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Pasta or macaroni in red sauce recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more easy Italian recipes, please click here.
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here.