Poha upma | Chirer pulao | Flattened rice upma is a wonderful breakfast option that can be prepared in 15 minutes. It’s very healthy, tasty and filling. I am sharing the easiest method of preparing Poha upma | Chirer pulao in a jiffy that has very less ingredients in it. It’s made with flattened rice and potato mainly
Total cooking time of Poha upma | Chirer pulao | Flattened rice upma : 15 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Ingredients for Poha upma | Chirer pulao | Flattened rice upma cooked for 2 people:
- Flattened rice or chire or chidwa – 2 cup
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies – sliced
- 1 potato – cut into small cubes
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp refined oil ( low absorb )
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A few curry leaves
To find more bengali recipes, please click here
To find more breakfast/snack recipes, please click here
Poha upma | Chirer pulao | Flattened rice upma Recipe:
- Wash the flattened rice or chiwda in a colander in running cold water with hands for 10 – 15 seconds. Keep aside to get it dry
- Heat oil in a wok and drop mustard seeds and let them splutter in it
- Add the potatoes. Stir fry them. Add turmeric powder and salt. Stir fry again for some time. Add curry leaves
- Put the chopped onions and stir fry till the onions turn pink
- Now add tomatoes. Stir fry them till the rawness of the tomatoes disappears and the potatoes are soft
- Add the washed poha or chidwa. Since we washed the poha earlier, we don’t require additional water as they are soft already. In case you need just splash with a handful of water. Stir cook till the Poha is soft and cooked
Serve Poha upma | Chirer pulao | Flattened rice upma hot!
Recipes like this….
Lifestyle / Travelogue