Time for some desserts. It’s been long that we discussed something ‘sweet’. Yes, here we shall discuss about mishti ! As I always try to bring to you recipes which are healthy, why not prepare healthy sweets as well. Well, what if we serve a vegetable in the form of mishti ?! It would be too good. Especially in this way, we will be successful in increasing the veggie dose for our kids. So let’s discuss our favorite Potol mishti recipe or Parwal ki mithai recipe with a tweak from me in the pur ☺
Total time required for Potol mishti recipe: 2 hours
Ingredients for Potol mishti recipe to make 7 pieces:
- Parwal or potol or pointed gourd – 7 pieces
- 1 – 1.5 cup of sugar
- Chana mishti or chenna or cottage cheese mashed and mixed with sugar – 100 gm
- Milkmaid or condensed milk – 3 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- 4 – 5 green Elaichi or cardamom
- Rose water – 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp ghee
Potol mishti recipe – The method:
- Peel off the hard surface layer of parwal and clean the surface of each piece gently
- Now, slit the parwal along its length ( just slit and do not cut into 2 halves)
- Now, scoop out the seeds gently from inside the parwal and clean the inside properly
- Now, add sugar, cardamom and 2 cups of water in a pan and start to boil the mixture to form a sugar syrup
- Add the parwal or potol into the pan and cover cook in medium – high flame for about 20 minutes, till the potol or parwal becomes soft
- Add rose water and switch off the flame
- Refrigerate the parwal along with the sugar syrup for about an hour
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick, add ghee and cardamom
- Add grated coconut and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Switch off the flame
- Now add the sweet chenna or chanar mishti and milkmaid condensed milk and mix well. thus, the ‘pur’ is ready
- Now, take out the parwals and open the parwal and inside the pocket of parwal, add the ‘pur’
- Garnish with dry fruits, grated coconut and milkmaid and serve !!!!
Snapshots for Potol mishti recipe:
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Potol mishti recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more desserts recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.