Biryanis are a regular affair now a days in most of the households. Variations of recipes are vast indeed. In my blog I have already shared a simple recipe of homemade Biryani, malai chicken Biryani, Mutton Dum Biryani and many more. Today I will share my prawn Biryani recipe with you all. This prawn biryani can be served as a one-pot meal or can be accompanied with Chicken rezala, chicken chaap, mutton kosha!
I use small prawns to make prawn Biryani. It’s a one-pot meal. To make our meals more filling and healthy, I do add generous amount of vegetables like potatoes, French beans, carrots. Also this time, I added boiled egg. Unlike all my biryani recipes, where I add potatoes cut into halves, here, I cut them into small cubes. Also instead of putting whole boiled eggs, I have cut the boiled eggs into halves and then cooked. Let’s check my recipe of simple prawn biryani in detail
Time required to make prawn biryani: 1 hour
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Ingredients to make prawn biryani:
- 30 prawns (small sized)
- 2 cups long grained rice
- 1 potato – cut into cubes
- 1 carrot : chopped into small pieces
- 6 – 7 green beans : sliced
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp curd
- Biryani spice (4 tsp) – powdered nutmeg, mace, star anise, black pepper, black and green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper
- Whole spices – 1/6 nutmeg, 2 mace, 6 – 7 peppercorns, 1 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 1 cinnamon, 3 – 5 cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 red dry chillies
- Grated 1 inch ginger, 15 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp kewra water ( screw pine water )
- 2 onions – cut into thin rings
- Refined oil
- 2 boiled eggs : cut into halves
To check more mouth watering recipes of chicken, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of mutton, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of Bengali cuisine, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of rice, please click here
To check more mouth watering recipes of paneer/soy/mushroom, please click here
Prawn biryani recipe:
- Marinate prawns with 2 tsp biryani powder, salt, curd for about 30 minutes
- Soak rice in water for about 30 minutes. Drain away water. Keep aside
- Add little salt, the whole spices mentioned, bay leaves to water. Bring the pot of water to boil
- Add rice. Boil for some time till rice is 90 % cooked. Drain off water and keep rice aside
- Heat enough refined oil in a wok. Fry potatoes, carrot till golden. Keep them aside
- Fry the French beans and keep them aside
- In the same oil, deep fry onion rings till brown in colour. Keep aside
- In the same oil, add red dry chilli, ginger garlic and saute
- Add the marinated prawns and stir fry
- Add tomatoes and stir fry
- Add the marinade and stir fry
- Cook till oil starts to separate and prawns are cooked
- Now, to put the biryani in Dum, take a heavy bottom pot
- Put the boiled eggs, prawns, fried potatoes, carrots and beans in the bottom of the pot
- Add rice on top, gravy of prawn, brown onions, 2 tsp biryani masala and kewra water
- Cover with a tight lid and put the pot in slow flame for about 15 – 20 minutes. Switch off flame and keep the vessel at rest for 10 more minutes
- Remove lid and enjoy the aroma of fresh cooked prawn biryani. It’s yum!
You can shop your cooking needs from the links below!
Recipes that you may find interesting….