Pressure cooker chicken recipe with potatoes is an easy rapid recipe that can help you serve chicken with steamed rice in as less as 30 minutes. In days when you are super tired but still your tummy craves for a filling, tasty meal, this recipe serves the purpose. The taste comes out awesome. I learnt cooking this indigenous method of cooking chicken from my MIL. Do try out the Pressure cooker chicken recipe with potatoes once and drop a feedback on this recipe. I usually cook this chicken recipe when the chicken has been brought down fresh just from the market!
Total cooking time for Pressure cooker chicken recipe : 30 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients for Pressure cooker chicken recipe
- 700 gm chicken – curry cut pieces
- 70 gms of beaten curd ( approx. )
- 3 onions
- 1 inch ginger
- 10 – 12 cloves of garlic
- 1 tomato
- salt -1 tsp or as per taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Mustard Oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 red dry chilly – whole
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri mirch powder
- 2 Potatoes – cut into halves
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
To try other chicken recipes please click on the links below:
To find other bengali recipes, click on the link below:
Method for Pressure cooker chicken recipe with cooked for 4 people:
- In a grinder, drop in the onions, ginger, garlic, tomato and make a paste of all the ingredients together
- Wash chicken pieces thoroughly and apply the paste of onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes on the 700 gms of chicken pieces. Add 1 tsp salt (or as per taste), curd, half the garam Masala powder, chilli powder, kashmiri mirch powder and 1 tsp of turmeric powder and mix properly. Let it marinate for 30 minutes. With no time in hand, you can skip the marination process altogether. Marination helps in better penetration of the spices and salt with the main ingredient though
- Heat mustard oil in pressure cooker and let some cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, 2 red dry chilly crackle in it
- Pour in the whole chicken pieces along with marinade in cooker and stir cook till oil separates
- Drop 2 potatoes cut in halves (4 pieces) and stir
- Add in 4 cups of hot water, add 1 tsp of garam masala powder and close the lid and cook for 3 – 4 whistles. Let the vapour settle down on its own!
Open the lid of the cooker and serve the chicken hot with rice for lunch or dinner with roti or rice as you wish.