Today I will share Shingi fish recipe | Sting cat fish recipe. Shingi fish or sting cat fishes are costly fishes that are grown in ponds and are highly nutritious. It’s particularly advised by pediatricians to serve this fish to babies. Unlike other fishes, it comparatively has lesser bones. Since it’s served to babies, I”ll share recipe that can be served to babies as well.
Time to cook the Shingi fish recipe | Sting cat fish recipe: 30 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To find more fish recipes, please click here.
Ingredients to cook Shingi fish recipe | Sting cat fish recipe ( 6 – 7 pieces ):
- 1/4 tsp onion seeds or kalonji or kalo jeera
- Shingi or Sting Catfish – 6 – 7 pieces
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies – slitted
- Brinjal – 1 cut into medium pieces
- Mustard oil
- A paste of 1/2 tsp cumin and coriander powder each
Shingi fish recipe | Sting cat fish recipe:
- Marinate the sting cat fishes or shingi fish with salt and turmeric powder for 15 minutes
- Heat Mustard oil in a pan properly and shallow fry the cat fishes on both sides. Keep them separate
- To heated oil, add kalonji or onion seeds, green chillies
- After 20 seconds or so, add brinjal also and fry them lightly
- Add cumin – coriander powder paste and stir
- Add 2 – 3 cups of water and bring it to boil
- Add the fried cat fishes and cook till the brinjals are soft and the jhol or gravy is of desired consistency
- And it’s done! Serve with a plate of hot rice!
Interesting fish recipes
Interesting Sweet Dishes….
Interesting breakfast/snacks recipe
Interesting mutton & chicken recipes
More Posts on Travelogues/ Lifestyle