Eggs are indeed my all time favourites and to experiment with eggs as I love having egg curries frequently owing to its ease of cooking, I like the most.
There are several ways of cooking an egg curry. If you like tikha some day, try dim kosha and if you want to have a khatta egg curry just for change, try this recipe of mine. I’m sure you will love it.
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Method for 3 people:
1. Boil 3 eggs and de-shell and fry the boiled eggs till they turn a bit red on all sides
2. Cut a potato into small pieces and fry them. Keep separate
3. Make a paste of 1 onion, 1 inch ginger and 1 dry red chilly pre-soaked in vinegar or lemon juice
4. Now heat oil in a wok and let some curry leaves sizzle
5. Add the onion paste and cook till oil separates
6. Now add a paste of turmeric, coriander and cumin powder. Stir
7. Add tamarind paste and stir
8. Add fried potatoes, salt and eggs and stir till oil separates
9. Add 4 cups of water and cover cook for sometime till potatoes are done
10. Add crushed dry kasuri methi and cover cook for 2 minutes. Switch off flame
Serve hot with rice!