Soya chunk is an important source of protein for the vegetarian people. Infact, soya chunks has higher protein content compared to other sources of protein like meat, milk and others. The pressure cooked method of cooking Soya chunks can be completed in 30 minutes. The recipe is with little oil and is good for vegetarians. This Soya chunk recipe (pressure cooked) is surely an everyday simple recipe.
Total cooking time for Soya chunk recipe (pressure cooked): 30 minutes
Ingredients of Soya chunk recipe (pressure cooked) cooked for 3 people:
1. 1 bowl of Soya chunks soaked in hot water and salt
2. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
3. Tomato – 1
4. Onion – 1
5. 2 green chillies
6. Kasuri methi leaves (dry crushed fenugreek leaves)
7. Cumin seeds or jeera ( 1 tsp )
8. Turmeric – 1 tsp
9. Salt – 1 tsp
10. Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
11. 2 tsp oil (refined oil or mustard oil)
12. 1 potato cut into small cubes
Soya chunk recipe (pressure cooked) – The method:
1. Make a fine paste of onion, green chillies and tomato
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and let the cumin seeds crackle in it (you can add bay leaf, dry chilly also at this stage)
3. Pour the onion tomato ginger garlic paste, salt and cook till oil is separated
4. Add turmeric powder and stir
5. Add potatoes and Soybean chunks (press to release water before adding into pan). Stir
6. Add Garam masala powder and Kasuri methi leaves on top. Stir well
7. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles
Open the lid of the pressure cooker and serve on a plate with roti or rice.
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Soya chunk recipe (pressure cooked) in my style.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more soya chunk/ mushroom/ paneer recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.