Baking is surely therapeutic. My favorite pass time or leisure activity. Baking with flour or maida is all about that authentic flavour and taste but dealing with atta or whole wheat flour while baking is tricky yet that’s a better choice when it comes to our health, no doubt on it. Previously, I shared a recipe of brown bread that had used refined flour or maida partially. But now, let me share the Whole wheat flour brown bread | Atta Bread recipe. The top of this bread is covered with a few white sesame seeds and once they come out of the oven, they are toasted and imparts nuttiness to the bread, which surely is enjoyable!
List of ingredients required to bake a Whole wheat flour brown bread | Atta Bread :
- 3 cups of atta or whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp of refined oil
- Salt to taste – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp sugar (heapful)
- 2 tsp instant dry activated yeast
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds or til
- 1 tsp milk
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here
Whole wheat flour brown bread | Atta Bread – The recipe:
- To begin with, in a mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt, oil, sugar, yeast. Mix well.
- Add warm water and knead to form a dough
- Cover with a lid and let it rest in a warm place of your kitchen for 30 minutes. The dough rises
- Open lid and punch the dough. Deflate it and again form a dough. Flatten it with a rolling pin. Roll it into an elongated bun of cylindrical structure. Tuck the sides
- Place the dough in a greased bread loaf tin, cover with a lid and let it rise again for 2 hours minimum. You can refrigerate it and let it rise inside overnight
- As the dough rises again for the second time, brush the top surface of the dough with milk and spread some white sesame seeds on top
- Insert loaf tin into the pre-heated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 200 celsius
- Once done, take it out and place it on a cooling rack and yes, your bread is ready to be un moulded
I always find the Whole wheat flour brown bread | Atta Bread tastes better when kept under refrigeration in an air tight container for a day! Cut the loaf of bread into slices with a bread knife. Make toasts and have it in your breakfast!
Recipes that you may like