Posto or poppy seed is hot favorite of mine. And whenever it’s aloo posto with biuli dal, I just cannot stop myself from eating twice of my daily intake of rice! Posto or poppy seeds or khus khus are beneficial to human health. It contains minerals like zinc, manganese, iodine, copper. The unripe seeds of poppy seeds, may contain traces of morphine, a painkiller, which gives it an addictive property. However, the ripen seeds, just have traces of morphine. But due to its cooling effect, poppy seeds find its usage in cooling medicines as well.Here’s a simple Aloo posto with tomato recipe | Potato in poppy seeds and tomato Recipe. Please try it yourself and serve your family, a wonderful potato dish.
Total cooking time as per Aloo posto with tomato recipe | Potato in poppy seeds and tomato Recipe: 30 minutes
Ingredients of Aloo posto with tomato recipe | Potato in poppy seeds and tomato Recipe cooked for 2 people:
- 2 Potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 50 gms of poppy seeds or posto or khus khus
- 1 bay leaf (Tej patta)
- 2 cloves (laung or lobongo)
- 1 cinnamon or dalchini stick
- 1 tomato cut into 4 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil
- 2 green chillies
Aloo posto with tomato recipe | Potato in poppy seeds and tomato Recipe – The Method:
1. Soak poppy seeds in water for few minutes. Make a fine thick paste of soaked poppy seeds with 2 green chillies
2. Fry the potato cubes till golden in colour and keep separate
3. Heat refined oil and add bay leaf, clove and cinnamon
4. Add posto or poppy seed paste and fry till oil separates
5. Add 1 tomato (cut into 4 pieces) and 1 tsp of salt and saute
6. Add potatoes and stir
7. Add 2 cups of water and cover cook until potatoes are cooked. You can make the whole moisture evaporate by removing lid and heating it and stirring in between so that the contents do not stick to the bottom of the pan
Your Aloo posto is ready to serve with roti or rice and biuli dal!
Please leave your valuable comment here on my Aloo posto with tomato recipe | Potato in poppy seeds and tomato Recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.