‘Begun bhajas’ are nothing but fried Brinjals. In a bengali palate, ‘Panch rokom bhaja’ or fried vegetables of 5 kinds forms an integral part as starters. In that ‘begun bhajas’ find it’s grand place. How to make it? Just go through the Begun bhaja Recipe | Fried brinjal Recipe and do it yourself. It is great to have with rotis or can be served with rice and dal
Total cooking time for Begun bhaja Recipe | Fried brinjal Recipe: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Begun bhaja Recipe | Fried brinjal Recipe cooked for 2 people:
- 1 big brinjal
- Mustard oil or Refined oil for deep frying (Preferably)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Begun bhaja Recipe | Fried brinjal Recipe – The Method:
1. Cut the Brinjal breadth wise
2. Coat each sides of the pieces of brinjal with a paste of mustard oil, turmeric powder, salt and chilly powder and marinate for 15 minutes at least
3. Heat oil in frying pan for deep fry. Wait till oil hits smoking point
4. Now drop in Brinjal pieces slowly and fry each sides till they turn golden brown
5. Take them out. Extra oil can be absorbed by using a tissue paper
Your crisp begun bhaja or fried brinjal is just ready to eat!
Always preferably use a non-stick cookware to make fried brinjals. Try using a low absorb refined oil as lesser oil will be absorbed by the brinjals in that case. Alternately, you can use less oil for frying the brinjals instead of the deep frying method mentioned above. Just coat a layer of atta or wheat flour on each sides of the brinjal as well. Then brush a non-stick pan with oil and fry each sides. However, once in a while, during special occasions or celebrations, its worth trying the deep fry method mentioned in this Begun bhaja | Fried brinjal Recipe as no other method can yield you the taste parallel to this recipe
Want to know, how to make ‘begun pora’ or roasted brinjal? Please click here.
For more vegetable recipes, please click here.
For more bengali recipes, please click here
To follow/like us at facebook, do visit our page.