Cabbage with lentil dumplings and prawns | Bandhakopir torkari is a brilliant bengali vegetable dish. Since winter is near, the market will get overloaded with cabbages – a winter speciality. Try this cabbage recipe of mine with prawns and bori (lentil dumplings) and do let me know how good it came out. It’s one of my favourite dish and I enjoy it mostly in winter lunch with my plate of rice and dal! If you want, you can top it with loads of fresh green peas, potatoes as well. It will be super healthy for your family and filling as well.
Total time required to make Cabbage with lentil dumplings and prawns | Bandhakopir torkari: 20 minutes
Serves 3 – 5 people
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients for making Cabbage with lentil dumplings and prawns | Bandhakopir torkari:
- 1 cabbage (medium) – shredded
- 2 onions – chopped
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger – grated
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (a powder of cardamom, cinnamon and cloves)
- 2 red dry chilli
- Few lentil dumplings or Boris
- Few small prawns
- Refined oil / mustard oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- A bay leaf
For more recipes of vegetables, please click here.
For more fish recipes, please click here.
For more bengali recipes, please click here.
Cabbage with lentil dumplings and prawns | Bandhakopir torkari recipe:
- Pressure cook shredded cabbage for 6 – 8 whistles so that the volume of cabbage gets reduced and the cabbage is cooked properly
- Marinate prawns with salt for 10 – 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the Boris or lentil dumplings and prawns. Keep them separate
- In the heated oil, drop in a bay leaf and a red chilly
- Add grated ginger, chopped onions and fry them till they start turning brown
- Now add chopped tomatoes, prawns and stir fry
- Add the pressure cooked cabbages, a little turmeric powder, salt to taste and stir well
- When the cabbage is properly cooked, add the Boris and sprinkle some powdred garam masala. Stir well. Switch off the flame
Cabbage with lentil dumplings and prawns | Bandhakopir torkari is ready to serve!!!