Chicken pulao is a quite popular dish across the Indian subcontinent. Talk about chicken pulao recipe and you can have many recipes coming your way. Each tastes definitely awesome but varies distinctively in their flavors due to the ingredients added. I will share my recipe of chicken pulao here, which is kind of savory and spicy! I love my chicken pulao this way and here goes the recipe….
Total preparation time for chicken pulao recipe : 30 minutes
Total cooking time for chicken pulao recipe : 30 – 35 minutes
Ingredients for chicken pulao recipe :
- 6 chicken leg pieces ( or any other big cuts of chicken )
- 1 inch ginger – 8 garlic pods – grated
- A powder of roasted spices of 1/2 tsp each of cumin, coriander, caraway seeds, 7 black peppercorns, 20 – 25 white pepper seeds,1 red dry chilly, 1 black cardamom, 2 – 3 green cardamom, 2 cinnamon sticks, 7 – 8 cloves
- A paste of 1/2 tsp red chilly powder, salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups of long grain rice / basmati rice
- 1 bay leaf
- Refined oil / mustard oil – about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup of cashew nuts and raisins
Method for chicken pulao recipe :
- Soak rice for 30 minutes in water and then drain water
- Meanwhile also marinate chicken pieces for about at least 30 minutes with turmeric, chilly powder, salt paste and grated ginger garlic as mentioned above
- Heat oil in a wok, add bay leaf. Add the marinated chicken pieces along with marinates. Stir fry. Add 1/2 of the powdered spices and stir well. Add about 1 cup of water and cover cook chicken till soft and water almost dries up
- Transfer contents into a rice cooking pot or deep pot. Add about 4.5 cups of water, rest of the powdered spices, cashew nuts and raisins and bring to boil
- Add rice and cook till done. Add salt as per taste. Serve hot!
To Follow / Like us at facebook, please click here.