Bottle gourd though is a wonderful nutritious vegetable, it’s often not cooked in many households as family members would refuse to eat it, specially the children. It needs proper cooking and making it look more appetizing. But not to worry. I have a recipe made of bottle gourd which is yummilicious! Let’s find out the recipe of Dahi lauki | Bottle gourd curry in curd.
Total cooking time for Dahi lauki | Bottle gourd curry in curd: 30 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients to cook Dahi lauki | Bottle gourd curry in curd for 3 people:
1. 1 bottle gourd
2. 1/2 tomato
3. Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds: 1/2 tsp each
4. Curry leaves – a sprig
5. Paste of 1 tsp each of garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander, amchoor powder or dry mango powder, chilly powder
6. Salt to taste
7. Curd – 1 cup beaten
8. Oil (Refined oil preferably)
Dahi lauki | Bottle gourd curry in curd Recipe:
1. Take the bottle gourd. Cut both ends and scoop out the middle portion. You can make moong dal lauki with this part later (Click here to find the recipe). Now cut the rest of the bottle gourd into slices along with its skin. Check snapshots of how they look. Now cut the rings into further medium sized pieces
2. Take oil in wok and fry them ( deep fry preferably) till golden brown. Take them out from wok and keep separate
3. For the gravy, take a pan and heat oil. Let the whole spices like mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and curry patta sizzle in it
4. Add the paste of masala and stir till oil separates
5. Add tomato and salt to taste and fry till oil separates
6. Add beaten Curd and let it boil in medium flame. Let oil start to release
7. Add fried bottle gourd pieces. Stir. Cover cook. Add 1 cup water if need be. Let it simmer till laukis are soft and cooked
7. Switch off flame and serve hot with roti or rice