Gatte ki subzi is a Rajasthani delicacy, which is spicy and mouth-watering. Gattes are gram flour dumplings. It’s prepared in a curd base. Let’s check my ‘Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy ‘Recipe.
Total cooking time of ‘Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy ‘Recipe: 1 hour
Ingredients of ‘Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy ‘Recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. Besan or gram flour – 2.5 cups
3. Coriander powder – 2 tsp
4. Cumin powder – 2 tsp
5. 1 tsp chilly powder
8. 1/2 cup beaten curd
9. Carom seed – 1/2 tsp
10. Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
11. 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
12. 1 tsp garam masala powder
13. 1 bay leaf
14. 1 tomato
15. 7 cloves garlic
16. 1 inch ginger
17. 1 red dry chilly
18. 1 tsp mustard seeds
19. 1 tsp Cumin seeds
20. Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
21. 1 big onion finely chopped
Snapshots of steps of ‘Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy ‘Recipe:
‘Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy ‘Recipe – The Method:
1. Take gram flour or besan. Add turmeric, Cumin, coriander, dry mango powder, salt, Asafetida and some carom seeds. Take some hot water (about 3/4th cup) and form a dough
2. Form thin cylindrical stick kind of gattes out of the dough (follow the pictures)
3. Heat water in a pan. In boiling water drop the gattes one by one carefully and boil for 7-8 minutes. Let the gattes harden hereby
4. Take out the gattes. You can run cold water through them. Form thin slices out of gatte sticks with a knife
5. You can saute the gattes. I prefer skipping this part
6. Now heat oil in a wok. Let bay leaf, mustard seeds, fennel and cumin seeds crackle
7. Add a paste of dry chilly, tomato, ginger and garlic. Let oil separate
8. Add chopped onions and salt and fry till oil separates
9. Add a paste of cumin, coriander, kashmiri mirch, pinch of turmeric powder and let oil separate
10. Add gattes and stir well. Let oil separate
11. Add 2 cups of water. Cover cook till all cooked throughly.
12. Add garam masala and hing. Switch off flame
Serve gatte ki subzi with roti! You can add butter or ghee as topping.
Please leave a comment here on Gatte ki sabzi Recipe| Gram flour dumplings in curd based gravy.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here..
For more dal or pulses based recipes, please click here.