Raw papaya is a vegetable with great nutritional benefits but again due to its taste or no taste, people just avoid eating it altogether. Try out this simple Raw or green papaya curry recipe and make your family eat green papaya and stay healthy thereby. The Raw or green papaya curry recipe is surely a recipe with less oil.
Total cooking time of Raw or green papaya curry recipe: 5 minutes (for preparation and cutting) + 30 minutes
Ingredients for Raw or green papaya curry recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. 1 big green papaya cut into dices (smaller they are, lesser cooking time it takes)
2. 1 big potato cut into dices
3. Curry leaves – 20
4. 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (shorshe or rai)
5. Refined oil – 2 tsp (mustard oil can be used as well)
6. Dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) – 1 tsp
7. A paste of salt, chilly powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and 1/2 tsp coriander powder
8. 1 onion – chopped
9. Little grated ginger
Raw or green papaya curry recipe – The Method:
1. Heat oil in a wok. Let mustard seeds and curry leaves splutter. Add the grated ginger and fry. Then add the chopped onions and fry till the onions are golden brown
2. Add the papaya pieces and the potatoes and saute
3. Add the spices paste made, stir and cover cook. Stir in between
4. As the papaya starts to stick to the bottom of the wok, add 4 cups of water and let it boil. Cover cook till the papayas and potatoes are cooked and soft
5. Add the dry crushed fenugreek leaves and simmer for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and serve the Raw or green papaya curry with roti or rice
Please leave your valuable comment here on my Raw or green papaya curry recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.