Snake gourd fry | Chichinge bhaja recipe is a simple vegetable recipe that is generally served with paratha/roti or rice and dal. It is made with kalonji or onion seeds and onion slices.
Total cooking time for Snake gourd fry | Chichinge bhaja recipe : 30mins
Ingredients for Snake gourd fry | Chichinge bhaja recipe cooked for 2 people:
1. 2 snake gourd or chichinge peeled and cut into small pieces
2. 1 onion cut into small pieces
3. Kalo jeera or onion seeds – 1/2 tsp
4. turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp mixed with water 1 cup
7. 1 red dry chilly
Snake gourd fry | Chichinge bhaja recipe – The Method:
1. Heat oil in a Wok
2. Add kalonji or onion seeds, chilly and let crackle
3. Add onions and let them turn light brown or fried
4. Add snake gourd and stir
5. Add turmeric paste and salt
6. Stir and cover cook
7. Open the lid when gourd is cooked and let water evaporate. Wait till oil separates
Plate it and serve!
To try other vegetable recipes please click on the links below:
To find other bengali recipes, click on the link below:
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
Please leave a comment here on Snake gourd fry | Chichinge bhaja recipe.