In India, there’s several kinds of pulao made! One such pulao much popular in southern parts of India is Peas Pulao. Here, in this Sweet corn and peas pulao, however, I incorporated green peas as well as yellow sweet corns, which makes the dish more healthy, more colorful and much flavorful. Sweet corn and peas pulao goes well with paneer dishes for vegetarians and for non – vegetarians, it goes well with Bengal’s Chicken Chaap or Chicken Rezala, Maharashtrian Kolhapuri chicken, South Indian chicken chettinad, North India’s Masala Chicken or even Goan chicken cafreal! So let’s check the Sweet corn and peas pulao.
Total time required to make Sweet corn and peas pulao : 30 minutes
Ingredients for Sweet corn and peas pulao :
- 3 cups of long grain rice / basmati rice
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup of sweet corns
- Roughly grinded spice mixture of 15 white peppercorns, 10 black peppercorns, 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 green cardamoms, 5 – 7 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil / Ghee
Method for Sweet corn and peas pulao recipe:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes in water and then drain off the water and keep aside. Let the rice get dried
- Blanch the green peas and sweet corns in hot water and keep aside
- Heat oil or ghee in a deep cooking pot and add blanched green peas and sweet corns. Stir fry for sometime
- Add rice and stir
- Add the spices and stir fry
- Add salt and about 4.5 cups of water and cook the rice till the rice grains are cooked and done
Sweet corn and peas pulao is ready to serve! Enjoy the simple and easy to make meal with family and friends!
If you like the recipe, do share and spread the love and art of cooking!
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more chicken recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.